Sunday, January 20, 2008

you take the good, you take the bad

you take the rest and then you make cookies. and then you take a nap. that's what i want.

the good news is i saw blonde redhead last night and it was amazing. i had alot of fun with kiersten. we got to see the show from a nice view, and this lovely lady next to us smelled like carlyn all night and i was intoxicated by her delicious nostalgic scent. the bad news is that literally seconds ago while searching for pictures from last night's show i found out that the mars volta played at the same (incredible) venu LAST MONDAY. how's that for kicking myself? january 14th the mars volta played down the street and i didn't even know about it. great. i felt really good about myself. almost as good as i felt about this picture from that show:



anyway i can't find any pictures from last night's performance, but there isn't much i could post at this point to trump that picture of cedric with that wicked snake backdrop. kazu had the cutest little white swiss/german looking dress on and her little knobby knees were poking out all night long. and my man on guitar was thrashing hard. at one point he threw himself to the ground like a little boy having a temper tantrum so he could thrash harder. i loved it. also, he had some nice moments with kazu. i've only seen the band one other time; it was at the norva when they opened for interpol, and they were nothing like they were last night. there was more jamming and dancing than i had previously seen and i was so happy about it. also the show was sold out and the crowd was huge and fun to look down on (cause kiersten and i were way higher(better) than everyone. just kidding, but we were on the third floor. yay for live music. it always makes me wish that i was playing live music. ever.

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

i feel like i should have known they played there and advised you, especially since we knew they're playing in boulder. of course they would play new york. i blame myself.
that picture is so funny. it's made me even more excited.
blonde redhead is such a great band. i want to find the setlist from that show.

Red Fish said...

Whaaaat? How did we not know you had a blog? With pictures of my brother rocking facial hair in ways I didn't know he had rocked said facial hair? TWIST OF LIFETIME?!?

By the way, we should definitely go to the movies, the three of us. I'd see Cloverfield again. I am also completely ready for, in order:

1. Jumper
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. The Dark Knight

So you can take some notes on that line-up.

TRUE.

nicole said...

so i just got on the blogwagon. how do i make everyone aware of it without just sending out a big email? i mean i guess i guess i could just send out a big email. i will see ny of those movies with you. IRON MAN!

Charlotte said...

I think Marcus forgot to include Step Up 2.
You know that dancin's gonna be TIGHT.

Reagan said...

I didn't know there was going to be a Step Up 2 - you know I will actually watch that. And so will Jenny.

Charlotte said...

I thought of you, Katie, when we saw the preview for it. And it was the best preview. I don't care if the storyline is terrible; I LOVE dancing movies.

Jessica + Chuck said...

im sorry because i TOLD you to go to that show! then i went and SAW Mars Volta play... which i am not sorry for. but cant wait to tell you about ;P
jess

nicole said...

no, you did not tell me to go to that show (mars volta). you sent me the email for the blonde redhead show. which was incredible. and i thank you very much.
but nerry did you tell me about the mars volta. nobody but nobody did. not even my heart. DAMN YOU HEART!