Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Stupid Life

The title of this post refers to my work versus my free time these days. I guess you can guess which one I have more of.

This goes out to me beautiful sister who I hope had a loverly lovely birthday this year. I am a total jerk for not contacting her until now, but Jessica, I mean Sissica, I hope this year turns out to be one of your best.





Hilarious. I love you, Jess. You're one of the best people in this whole world, and i am seriously lucky to have you in my life. I wish I had you more!!!!!!!! The last two photos are from when Jess came to visit recently and the fist one is her prior visit. I loved seeing her. Especially the second time because she was staying in such a nice hotel and everything was so posh and sleek. And she wasn't dying from allergies.

The next few pictures are from the EXCELLENT visit I made to Philadelphia to see my other beautiful (and PREGNANT!) sister Alexis and the inspiration for the trip being the visit from Lee and Katie and the girls! Seeing them was SO nice. It was like a little taste of what used to be when I could see them whenever I wanted practically, and I felt so relaxed and it was altogether a great time. I also finally got to meet Mario, Katie's brother. He was so nice, he gave me a ride home to my sister's house. Jenny was excited to meet my sister when we got there, and she's so charming, I think Alexis grew even more excited about baby time!! Or peanut time, i should say. I haven't uploaded any of my pictures from the visit yet because I am dumb. I ahve been working so much that I haven't gotten the time. But here are some I took with my cell phone. They are all of the kids:










I like how most of the pictures are of them sleeping. We were on top of the tour bus and Reagan quickly passed out. Jenny slept less, but somehow I have more pictures of her during that time. Cuties. The last two are of Jenny on the rockclimbing thingy at the museum.
To end it all: Here is a blurry bad photo of when Kiersten and I went to see William Gibson be interviewed and read selections from Spook Country. It was a blast!



Once more before I go I want to give a shout out to my sister, and one of my BEST friends, Jess. If she only knew how much I love her and hate myself.

7 comments:

Reagan said...

I think the sleepy pictures are funny. And the rock climbing ones - Lee had told me that Jenny was just a natural and pretty much just walked over and climbed the wall, but I hadn't seen it. I'm glad we got to see you!

After you left, Reagan explained to me that there are two Nicoles, "one what is Uncle Mario's girlfriend, and one what is their Aunt Nicole."

derp said...

What, William Gibson? I'm reading Pattern Recognition and its a masterpiece. It more than makes up for Spook Country, which is okay.

And, did Reagan say anything about me?

Two Fish said...

What! William Gibson! Also I wrote "What! William Gibson" BEFORE I saw Kyler's (Kyler's?) response. I am my own man.

But seriously, why do we not see you more? Marcus' school is over, and also stupid, but mostly over; let's hang out!

...Semicolon? Correct? Fragments.

Jessica + Chuck said...

Oh Nicole you little buttercup! i love you so much - dont ever hate on yerself EVER because that would make me sad :( i love you and love our time together but mostly just wish we lived closer and could be in each others lives even more. and zero and charlotte and justin.... I love love love you guys so much. and miss you suptin awful!

Jessica + Chuck said...

talk about SPOOKY - how bizarre that i just added Pattern Recognition to the top of my book list thanks to my buddy... Kit!!!! Kyler are you loving it? Nicole how was that speech????

Charlotte said...

Pattern Recognition was the first Gibson novel I ever read, and it's still probably my favorite. Although I want to read them all again, since it's been a while. It's such an awesome book- it inspired me in so many ways. You're gonna love it!!

Jessica + Chuck said...

i bought Pattern Recognition here at Venice Beach while on location. cant wait to start it :)